XS - No Clipping XS - No Clipping

nice. The clik clak of the pistol gave it character. at 0:50 you started to facilitate the stereotype of dubstep. But it was so well executed, that you can't hate it. This song brings pictures of a dark man executing his victims in the cover of night. My only complaint is the stereotype. haha but this was good. please keep making music! Put your heart into it and you can't fail!

Jimmypig responds:

I know yeah it's very typical, but I wanted that for an opening track, typical but still me.

Haywyre - Encompassing Haywyre - Encompassing

Hey bud! That breakdown at 1:50 was helluva interesting!
Nice song. not really too touch, but not fruity. It's kinda futuristic, like what'd you expect from the coolest will smith future movie ever! ha, though, the random transitioning kinda killed it sometimes. I know it's a preview. and all the songs sound GREAT! the one at 3:00 i didn't like as much. I liked all the others though, and like i said, at 1:50 i stopped what i was doing and made myself write a review. You have the talent! Keep working at it!

The Speed of My Mind The Speed of My Mind

Pretty good, I listened to it all, the tempo increases at the end sorta sounded weird. I'm not sure if there's a way to rework it. Hmm, maybe to have a more definite beat that is increasing as we go along.
Please keep making music, you have a good ear!

Theledge93 responds:

Thank You good sir. It get's kinda discouraging on newgrounds, because i feel all my songs should rated higher. thank you for the words of encouragement.

TL - Enter the Paradise TL - Enter the Paradise

this and that

now the chord variation is awesome. the drums and synths are mixed nicely. also the happy tone of the song is consistent. however, the beat of the drums is predictable. and often times in the trance genre i hear the tom and cymbal mixture around 1:40 too often.
the progression and chord variations is what i've always wanted out of a trance song! this shows extensive craftsmanship on the part of the creator! so i hope you will continue! and for the rest of us keep playing with musical theories that are new to you, it'll result in awesomeness for us all! :D

TeHLoY responds:

Thanks for this review!

I still need to improve on making beats, you're totally right about them being too predictable. The trance genre doesn't give much leg room for variety as compared to other genres like Drum and Bass, and is slightly harder to create variations in the beats. Nevertheless, I shall improve!

Chord progressions... I don't have much knowledge in music theory, so many of my songs are based on what I've heard before. This one was pretty new, but still really predictable.

DJ-Hectic {Brand New Sound} DJ-Hectic {Brand New Sound}

playing with minors = fun listening time!

the variations were well timed, the sounds and synthetic instruments used go well with each other. also this artist displays an understanding a musical theory by gently mixing in minor notes with major keys to offer a variation beyond the typical 1-3-5 method. the drums and bass leaves something to be desired. they sound a little filtered and the snare has more power than the bass drum.

DJ-Hectic responds:

Thanks for your feedback! Glad you picked up on the musical theory I included in this one, it's a fairly simple progression, with a twist. Basically laying down the C minor mode the whole time and running down from Min 7 to Maj 6 to Min 6 back to a C min 7. Also, you're totally right about the drums/bass. I'll fix the snare>kick thing and reupload that, but the "filtered" bass was intended, matter of preference I suppose. Again, thanks for the well worded review!

Clock - Crystal Cavern Clock - Crystal Cavern

ouch

it's at max volume. the melodies were good and the progression was nice and thought out. really showed you've put effort into this. but everything is so very turned up that all the vibrations hitting my ears at the same time are killing the song. I's definitely a good song, but it needs some re-working with the volume to be more pleasing to the ears.

TimerClock14 responds:

Really? I always use the default 80% volume for the master volume. Maybe I should turn that down to 70%?

Thanks for the review! Glad to hear people like my songs.

always like---trance (wip) always like---trance (wip)

here!

I'd say you need a heavier drum song. more of a thump maybe or just deeper.
also there's a bit of a high-pitched humming going on in the background. sounds a bit low-quality. i like the beat. i like how fancy it is, just the samples need some work.

/-Back To Earth-\ (BETA) /-Back To Earth-\ (BETA)

a bit of input

i liked the progression and the fact that more than 3 chords were used. the piano at the end REALLY hurt my ears. too loud

Darkfire96 responds:

Lol the description said to ignore it XD.
I thought it was nice with more than 3 chords as well. I Honestly think I can do a better progression, but I like how I did it.
Thanks for the Review!

/-Ikarus-\

[LCC] - Cog Boss Remix [LCC] - Cog Boss Remix

nicely done

well played sir! i like it! they should employ you

NeuFunk - Back Again NeuFunk - Back Again

+3849

best! like like like! i love this thing, i sing a long and listen to it on road trips and everything, this is a permanent addition to my music library! :D